Who are we and why do we need you?
We are a technological focussed company backed by ŠKODA Auto Digilab that is running a Peer-to-Peer carsharing platform and we’re looking to fill the vacant position of Web React developer. Our mission statement is to provide an end-to-end platform that will inspire people to enjoy convenient, yet affordable and sustainable mobility. We’re looking for people who share this mentality, and would like to join our amazing team.
What should you know?
You’ll be working with the Development team on improving the HoppyGo app, which at the moment serves more than 100 000 users. This number is still significantly increasing as HoppyGo expands into new markets.
- Follow latest trends and best practices in web technologies and suggest changes/improvements
- Focus on improving existing application and development of new product features – e.g. https://hoppygo.com - app which is used in multiple countries
- Work closely with UX/UI designer to prepare and optimize our web app for mobile users
- Analyze, test, refactor and debug code, measure and optimize web app performance
- Implement and optimize analytics and tracking (GTM, GA, Mixpanel, Facebook, Hotjar, Sentry…)
- TypeScript experience, HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, Netlify hosting+CI, React/GatsbyJS (e.g. hoppygo.com consists of react v17, i18next+localise, formik, bootstrap v4.3, axios, redux v4, yup, google-maps, social logins, braintree, gatsbyjs/react-router), Firebase (cloud functions), Responsive design
- Advanced skills in debugging and testing using various web and mobile browsers (Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Edge), remote debuggers/emulators, etc.
- Experience with git and CIs (Bitbucket, Github)
- Nice to have:
- Node.JS, possibly jQuery, MySQL+PHP
- accessibility, SEO, knowledge of UX/UI across browsers and mobile platforms, knowledge of material design
- Basic working ability with Photoshop/Figma
- Fluent English
What’s in it for you?
- Education budget for all teams to stay up to date on latest technologies relevant to HoppyGo,
- Close cooperation with SKODAAUTO DigiLab, meaning participation on other projects with the opportunity to test new technologies, learn and mutually share the knowledge,
- Company-wide bonus, based on Company performance,
- Flat company structure, everybody’s opinion is important, and we empower all our employees to come with new ideas,
- Discounts on car rentals from our platform
- Dog-Friendly office,
- Modern office space in Holešovice, the possibility to work remotely,
- Electric scooters at your disposal.
If the above interests you, and you’d like more information please send us a resume, we look forward to hearing from you.
Q&A about the position
What’s the team size?
There are 8 members in the dev team, while around 30 people work for the company in total.
What is the workflow of the development process?
The product team brings the ideas, analyses it and prepares the description, together we create user stories and we sort them by priority to create monthly plans. We use sprints, daily standups, planning calls, code reviews, automated pipelines, QA testing, user testing...
Is there a space for refactoring?
Yes, we are keeping our project in good shape.
What is the company culture?
We’re no longer a start-up, but we embody many of the principals. You can expect the small company atmosphere where we’re open to hearing all ideas, are non-formal, and we’re ready to tackle issues head-on. We also have a relaxed and flat team structure, where you can approach any colleagues casually, be it a Customer Care member or the CEO.
Also, being “powered by SKODAAUTO DigiLab”, we work with world-class members from this company on a regular basis. This provides us with knowledge and expertise beyond what can be expected at a small company.
What if I don’t meet the criteria?
It’s not the end of the world. If interested, still drop us an email with your CV. We’re always looking for new talent and by getting to know you, we might just realize we’d love to have you onboard as well.