Who are we and why do we need you?
We are a technologically focussed company that is running a Peer-to-Peer carsharing platform and we’re looking to fill the vacant position of Senior BE developer. Our mission statement is to provide an end-to-end platform that will inspire people to enjoy convenient, yet affordable and sustainable mobility. We’re looking for people who share this mentality, and would like to join our amazing team.
What should you know?
You’ll be working with the Development team on improving the HoppyGo app, which at the moment serves more than 100 000 users. This number is to significantly increase over the coming months as HoppyGo will expand into new markets. HoppyGo is quickly growing and expanding throughout CEE, and we’re always looking to update and improve ourselves with the latest new features as provided by our colleagues, and run through our product development team.
- Knowledge of PHP Symfony, Doctrine, AWS, MySQL, REST API,
- Experience in developing and maintaining large software products,
- Communication in English.
Good to have
- Experience as a Senior Developer, or even leading a dev team,
- Understanding of front end platforms - Android, iOS, or React, understanding how APIs work and how frontends link to endpoints,
- Knowledge of AWS,
- Software architecture design.
What’s in it for you?
- Education budget for all teams to stay up to date on latest technologies relevant to HoppyGo,
- Company-wide bonus, based on Company performance,
- Flat company structure, everybody’s opinion is important, and we empower all our employees to come with new ideas,
- Discounts on car rentals from our platform,
- Dog-Friendly office,
- Modern office space in Holešovice, the possibility to work remotely,
- Electric scooters at your disposal.
If the above interests you, and you’d like more information please send us a resume, we look forward to hearing from you.
Q&A about the position
What other tools are you using?
Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Firebase, Circle CI, Sentry, Netlify, Apiary, Mandrill, Lokalise, Sms manager, and others.
What’s the team size?
There are 8 members in the dev team, while around 30 people work for the company in total.
What is the workflow of the development process?
The product team brings the ideas, together we create user stories and we sort them by priority to create monthly plans. We use kanban, daily standups, code reviews, automated pipelines, QA testing, user testing...
Is there a space for refactoring?
Yes, we are keeping our project in good shape.
Do you have unit tests?
Yes, the application is well covered and we are continuously working on it.
What is the company culture?
We’re no longer a start-up, but we embody many of the principals. You can expect the small company atmosphere where we’re open to hearing all ideas, are non-formal, and we’re ready to tackle issues head-on. We also have a relaxed and flat team structure, where you can approach any colleagues casually, be it a Customer Care member or the CEO.
Also, being “powered SKODAAUTO DigiLab”, we work with world-class members from this company on a regular basis. This provides us with knowledge and expertise beyond what can be expected at a small company.
What if I don’t meet the criteria?
It’s not the end of the world. If interested, still drop us an email with your CV. We’re always looking for new talent and by getting to know you, we might just realize we’d love to have you onboard as well.